Restoration and Repair
The first step in any equity project is to listen to the experiences and perspectives of employees and stakeholders who have been negatively impacted within the organization. Listening sessions can be conducted in various ways, including:
- Focus groups
- One-on-one conversations.
This phase involves a thorough assessment of the organization’s policies, practices, and culture. This may include:
- Reviewing hiring practices
- Promotion policies, employee compensation
- Leadership diversity, among other factors.
Once the organization has a clear understanding of where issues exist, it can begin to implement strategies and initiatives to promote equity. These may include:
- Developing new policies and practices.